The Blair E. Batson Hospital for Children at the University of Mississippi Medical Center is the only hospital in the state devoted exclusively to the care and treatment of sick and injured children.
More than 150,000 children from all of the state’s 82 counties come to Children’s Hospital each year. The spectrum of care ranges from well-child care for healthy newborns to care for cancer, congenital heart defects, epilepsy, cystic fibrosis, trauma, sickle cell anemia, neurological disorders, pulmonary disease, allergies, diabetes and numerous other childhood illnesses.
Caring for patients from infancy to adulthood, Batson Children’s Hospital exists to provide the best health care available for the 21st century.
Some of the Blair E. Batson Hospital facilities include:
- Mississippi Children’s Cancer Clinic
- Eli Manning Children’s Clinics
- Bancroft Charitable Fund Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- The Selby and Richard McRae Foundation Children’s Trauma Unit
- The Harland Sanders Foundation Pediatric Emergency Department
- children’s rehabilitation center
- child psychiatry unit
- child development center
- Pediatric Dental Clinic
Batson Children’s Hospital also houses the state’s only pediatric surgical facility, a state-of-the-art unit with seven operating rooms and expanded treatment areas which include pulmonary and gastroenterology procedure rooms.